icdsgnr;252692 Wrote:
> I noticed my Onkyo receiver has a digital "remote" input/ output
> connection on the back.  Presumably I could control the receiver and
> anything daisy chained to the receiver thru this port.  I'm not sure if
> this is "Onkyo propriatery" but it would be nice to have the SB4 provide
> a digital "control port" so SC could control all my stereo equipment
> remotely.  Mostly I'd just like to be able to control my receiver's
> volume from SC even if that meant providing a port with an IR hack to
> control the equipment, much the way a SlingBox allows folks to control
> external video equipment.

Err, you are aware of the IRBlaster plugin?  And you are aware that you
can use a cable to connect the SB3 headphone output directly to such an
IR input?

http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.cgi?IRBlaster

http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.cgi?IRBlasterDirectLink

--
Mark Lanctot

Sean Adams: "So you mean, aside from the fact that Squeezebox does not
do 96KHz, why doesn't it do 96KHz?"