erland;254797 Wrote:
> So just to get this out of the way once for all.
> Let's say I'm going to get a new SqueezeBox device, screen or not
> doesn't matter, and it will be connected with analogue cables to the
> amplifier.
>
> If I'm looking for the best audio quality, but isn't ready to pay for a
> Transporter, should I get the SqueezeBox 3 or the new SqueezeBox Duet ?

Well that all depends on your ears and the quality of your amplifier &
speakers you plan to hook it up to.  If it's audiophile-grade and you
are the type of listener who tends to fixate on every nanosecond of
audio coming over the system, then the Squeezebox 3 has a slightly
better signal-to-noise ratio that would technically result in a
slightly better reproduction of sound.

Will most of us notice that over the new Squeezebox Receiver?  Not on
your life!  I would just go with a new Duet (Squeezebox Receiver and
Controller).

Besides, if your ears are that discerning and your amp/speakers are
super-duper audiophile-grade, then you should have a Transporter.  ;-P

--
EnochLight