RalphO;255071 Wrote:
> I can report that I have managed to get the ODBC connection to work.  I
> fiddled around a bit and what finally worked was that I ttok out the ip
> address of my server and just left it blank (I guess that it uses the
> default.  Anyway that gave me the wonderful message "success a
> connection was made".
>
> I am sorry to say that I still cannot get ACC to work.  I am still
> gettinmg error number 0.  I have tried using ACC V3, 4 & 5 and I have
> tried a reboot.  I also checked that tracing was not running.
>
> Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Ralph - this was where I was some time yesterday PM.
I wish I could give you a simple solution.
You now have the ODBC connector working which is a step forward.

I suspect you are now actually getting the 3706 error (but you can't
see that - needs a slight coding change to reveal that error code).
This is indicative of a registry / driver registration problem. I think
you should try to re-register the OLE ADO components.
To do this, go to C:\program files\common files\system\ole db

and then for each .dll file in there, use regsvr32 (from a command
window) to re-register each dll.

Go to Start - Run
type CMD
type regsvr32 msdadc.dll (and repeat for each .dll file)
Then reboot!

Hope this fixes it for you
regards
Phil

PS I don't know why this would work - but it is what I did.

This

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...SB3+Stontronics PSU - Altmann
JISCO/UPCI - TACT RCS 2.2X with Good Vibrations S/W - MF X-DAC
V3/X-PSU/X-10 buffer (Audiocomm full mods)- Linn 5103 - Linn Aktiv 5.1
system (6x LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Kimber & Chord
cables