SilverRS8;255628 Wrote:
> Hi Phil,
>
> Very good job done!! I look into it later and do some testing but very
> good to know that it can be done in a query. Personally i'm still
> strugling if I like 'The' to be stripped or not when sorting because I
> think I will look for bands at the 'T' when searching for e.g. 'The
> Killers'. Maybe other thread readers can give their opinion on this
> too?
>
> I just posted release candidate 1 with your previous suggestions. I
> only changed the album sort to newest album first instead of oldest
> first. I think this is more logical but ofcourse that is a personal
> preference.
>
> Thx again for your good work !!
>
> Frank

Frank it is a pleasure to collaborate with you! - you did all the hard
work without which none of this would be possible

Maybe the "the" problem could be a user choice? ... also, anyone with
albums by The The is ALWAYS going to have a problem :o).

Some people will want the artist name to not show "the" in the final
display...that could be switchable too.
as for year within artist - I've always sorted my vinyl/cd's as
chronological sequence within artist...maybe a few other people should
give their opinion?

Have a great evening
Phil

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...SB3+Stontronics PSU - Altmann
JISCO/UPCI - TACT RCS 2.2X with Good Vibrations S/W - MF X-DAC
V3/X-PSU/X-10 buffer (Audiocomm full mods)- Linn 5103 - Linn Aktiv 5.1
system (6x LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Kimber & Chord
cables