Peter;255447 Wrote:
> thing-fish wrote:
> > This is indeed an exciting product.  However, I am one of the folks
> who
> > clamors for a less expensive way to access my music collection stored
> in
> > the Slimserver Ecosystem.  As I see it, this is not actually chaper:
> > $399 for the Duet is *more* than the $299 Squeezebox, since the $150
> > receiver requires the $299 remote for setup.  If/when later software
> > releases make it so the remote isn't required for setup, I'm
> probably
> > in for two receivers.
> >

> You can get a Duet for $400 and an extra SBR for $150. That makes it
> $50
> cheaper than two SB3's. The more SBR's you add, the cheaper it gets ;)

I already have a $299 Squeezebox, so to add one more room I will add
$399, for total of roughly 700, roughly 100 more than a second
Squeezebox.  I agree 100% though that once you get into more and more
rooms it's a different ballgame, regardless of how many current SB3s
you might already have, though then you get into the situation where
you don't have a remote in each room.  But as discussed, the big thing
is that this product offers a different solution in the Squeeze line.

I just wish the stuff wasn't so expensive.  Thank goodness for
SoftSqueeze!

thing-fish,
currently interacting with his library via SoftSqueeze via his
headphone-connected laptop at his bedside on a sleepless night.

--
thing-fish

' Most Recent Tracks'
(http://www.last.fm/user/thing-fish/?chartstyle=basicrt10)