schatzy;258392 Wrote:
> For those of you having problems with displaying ACC results in
> FireFox.
>
> FireFox does not have native support for .MHT files. These are
> proprietary to Microsoft applications.
>
> There was a MAF Extension written for FireFox 1.5 that would allow .MHT
> files to be opened in FIreFox 1.5, but it has not been updated  for the
> changes to newer version of FireFox.
>
> As for the .html files. fire fox does not recognize the format of the
> link to the cover.jpg. It is currently formatted as
> C:/folder/folder.cover.jpg
>
> For FireFox to be able to see it is must be
> file:///C:/folder/folder/cover.jpg
>
> The unfortunate this with this is that IE7 will disregard the
> "file:///" and display the cover.jpg file properly but if you are using
> an older version of IE such as 6.0.5 then you may have problems with the
> cover.jpg file showing. Some country specific versions of 6.0.5 (Spanish
> version) did not allow the "file:///" to be disregarded and will  error
> out if it is in the path to the file.
>
> Hopefully SliverRS8 can come up with some alternate way of coding these
> path to the cover.jpg file but it may not be possible.
>
> Schatzy

Thx Schatzy. The addition of file:/// was already on my firefox fixlist
but I didn't knew that different versions of IE cope differently with it
so thats gooed to know.

Although the script is a .hta application it is not running in an
Internet Explorer process and hence I cannot detect which version of IE
is installed (besides some not so nice workarounds) to automatically
determine if 'file:///' can be used or not. The reason why Microsoft
decided to use a seperate 'mshta' interpreter was that under the
security context of IE, a script isn't allowed anything to do directly
on the system. A .hta is always allowed running code to do anything
that is allowed in the current user context.

Do you know if the version prior to IE7 (is that 6.0.5 or is there
something in between?) does cope with the file:/// prefix? If that is
so I don't thing many would have a problem.
Another option would be to create an option for various IE versions
(either through the GUI or by setting a variable value in the script).

Frank

--
SilverRS8