Frank,

The real problem I beleive with IE6 more along the lines of

A. if the file was produced by IE6 then no problem
B. If file produce by another application the it must be in a very
specific path structure.
C. For unknown reasons it also has to do with the version of MS Office
or Word.

I have read reports that If you have Office 2003 installed it works
fine with IE6. And then there are others that have reported problems
with Outlook Express having to be reinstalled to make it work with
IE6.

My feeling is that those who have not upgraded to IE7 have much older
computers where IE7 just does wont work. Also IE7 does not work on
anything other than XP SP2 or Vista, or so Microsoft says, i have not
tried it myself.

Anyone running Windows 2000 or 98SE will probably have a problem,
Although I have heard that you can view any .mht files on Win2k or 98SE
if you install the latest Outlook Express even if you don't use it.

But that's just the way Microsoft products are. Designed to be a PITA.

Schatzy

--
schatzy

Kitchen - SB3 - Russound R235LS Amp - Russound SP-M8IM speakers in
ceiling
Main Stereo - SB3 - Nikko Beta 30 Preamp - Nikko Alpha 230 Amplifier -
Genesis VI Speakers