SilverRS8;263505 Wrote:
> Strange. I can only relate this to mySQL and an open recordset that
> should be closed but others have reported no problem whatsoever. I
> tried several thing but they all result in non functioning ACC for
> other users.
>
> I see in your system specs from your previous post you use the 64 bit
> version of XP? I'm afraid that I am unable to test and debug for that
> Windows version. Are you able to test ACC on the 32 bit version of
> Windows or maybe more easy on the server running SC? I think there will
> be no problem running ACC than...
>
> Frank

Frank,
Since I am running XP x64 on the server, I needed to pursue this
further.  Like other aspects of X64 there are 32 and 64 bit
structures.
I had been trying to get the native 64 bit MySQL code to work but
ran into other issues where the drivers and code failed to communicate.
Finally, I dropped back and installed the 32 bit MySQL connector code
instead and finally got ACC to run!
In case anyone else is interested, the default ODBC administrator in
x64 is 64-bit only.  Therefore, you'll probably want to add
%SystemRoot%\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe to your Administrative Tools
shortcuts for 32-bit DSN setup.

P.S.  Nice app Frank!!!

--
terry