'Ur[s Wrote:
> uS;260443']it looks pretty and does a job i've been interested in having
> done for some time
> well done to all and to SilverRS8, of course, in particular
> thank you

Always good to hear positive feedback. Keeps me focused on improving
it. It is actually quiet easy to change ACC to access the NAS through
the mapped drive letter and scan for album covers. It should only be
one simple Replace command added to the code. I'm going to create some
GUI options to facilitate NAS users. I'm interested in the changes you
or other NAS users might have made to get ACC working with a NAS. I can
then code this into a next version. So if you have some examples, please
post it here or send me the code by PM.

'Ur[s Wrote:
> uS;260443']some comments that might be helpful:
>
> - suggest extended default covers to include "front.jpg"

You can change line 72 in the script 'sCoverFilename    =
"cover.jpg,folder.jpg"' and add your cover file name to the comma
seperated list.

'Ur[s Wrote:
> uS;260443']- it is possible for *.png files to work too?  (i've changed
> all mine to cover/folder.jpg, so not needed for me, but maybe others
> not so diligent)

Yes, just add the .PNG file to line 72. As long as the browser supports
it, it should work (I believe older IE version do not support PNG).

Just a tip; The multi rename tool of Total commander can be used to
rename all xxxxxxxx.jpg files to i.e. cover.jpg. Just takes a few
seconds to process hundreds of folders.

'Ur[s Wrote:
> uS;260443']- extend the characters to include "Dvořák" (the "r" in
> Dvorak the composer)

Noted and added to my fix list.

'Ur[s Wrote:
> uS;260443']- i'm not sure genre exclusion works - i'd expect to be able
> to type "Classical" and expect all my Bach Cantatas to be omitted -
> this did not happen (my workaround was to move all classical artists to
> new folder and move all other music to folder on same level - that way i
> can limit the script to the folder without classical music)

Haven't used it lately but I will take a look at it.

'Ur[s Wrote:
> uS;260443']- i choose sort by artist, which is what i want
> but it then sub-sorts the albums by year in reverse chronological order
> (i'm sure you intend other options in due course, but i wonder whether
> the default should be alphabetical or years chronologically)

That is actually my personal preference. Will be made an option in a
next version but if you like to change it, change line 477:
sQOrderBy = "order by artist,year DESC,lcase(convert(albums.titlesort
using utf8)),tracks.disc,tracks.tracknum;"
to:
sQOrderBy = "order by artist,year ASC,lcase(convert(albums.titlesort

'Ur[s Wrote:
> uS;260443']thanks again to SilverRS8 - the script works a treat (after a
> few  long hours getting - what would probably be simple things for other
> people - to work !!!!)

You very welcome and I think you did a pretty good job yourself getting
it to work.

Frank

--
SilverRS8