djfake;267681 Wrote:
> Well, I've trudged through these posts looking for answers to the
> following
>
> True or False:
> I can buy a Squeezebox Receiver for $149, connect it via wired ethernet
> to my home network, and use Slimserver software to play music through
> it.
>
> True or False:
> If I buy a Squeezebox Receiver, and do NOT buy the Squeezebox
> Controller, I will NOT be able to access the Squeezebox Receiver via
> wireless.
>
> thanks

Mmmm...
Answer 1. True and False
Answer 2. True and False

Forcing particular answers doesn't always get you the information you
were after or rather it does but it isn't always the answer you need.

So in long hand :)
Yes you can buy a Squeezebox Receiver (SBR) independant of the
controller. Price varies according to country.

Yes you can connect a SBR by ethernet though you currently must first
configure it using a Squeezebox Controller (SBC).

Yes once configured and on the network the SBR will play music as
commanded by the SqueezeCentre (V7 only) software or any other device
capable of talking to the server and commanding it.

If you buy just a SBR and do not have a SBC you will not be able to do
anything with the SBR it is a paperweight. This may change in the
future. The SBR requires a SBC to configure it before it can talk on a
network wireless or wired.

--
Zaragon