If I wanted to get pedantic about it what you said was:
> True or False:
> I can buy a Squeezebox Receiver for $149, connect it via wired ethernet
> to my home network, and use Slimserver software to play music through
> it.

So True you can buy a SBR for $149. True you can connect it via
ethernet. True you can use Slimserver to play music through it.

You didn't ask if you also had to have the SBC, nor did you include the
'just' provisor. Although from memory you actually need the
SqueezeCentre rather than Slimserver so it should be True, True,
False.

But just giving you the single word answers meant assuming I guessed
correctly what you actually wanted to know so I gave you the longer
answers so that you would be able to make a more informed choice. I
didn't want you to miss out on what looks like being a fantastic
addition to what is already a great product range through a
misunderstanding.

However we arrived at it I hope you managed to get the information that
you were after. And as Matthew said the community are actively working
on making it possible to configure the SBR without the SBC for those
without a need for it.

--
Zaragon