Zaragon;267684 Wrote:
> Mmmm...
> Forcing particular answers doesn't always get you the information you
> were after or rather it does but it isn't always the answer you need.
>
> Yes you can connect a SBR by ethernet though you currently must first
> configure it using a Squeezebox Controller (SBC).
>
> If you buy just a SBR and do not have a SBC you will not be able to do
> anything with the SBR it is a paperweight. This may change in the
> future. The SBR requires a SBC to configure it before it can talk on a
> network wireless or wired.

Well the first question is then definitely FALSE. One cannot "just" buy
the SBR and expect to use it like the old Squeezebox.

1. False - To configure the SBR, you must have the SBC.

So you can buy as many SBRs as you want, but none of them will work
without purchasing or using an SBC first.

Logitech - this stinks. Why will you not sell a reasonably priced
hardware device for use with Slimserver? All I need is a wired-only, no
display device.

--
djfake

---