haunyack;268665 Wrote:
> I don't think MrSinatra inferred that.
> That's another issue and you know it.
>
> .

No, it isn't, they're fundamentally the same. I don't believe that
MrSinatra does think we should allow spam, and that's the point. We
don't tolerate spam on the forum because it's noise that adds nothing
to the general conversation. I would categorize some (very, very few)
posts in the same way, and I don't see why they should be treated
differently just because they were written by a person not a robot.

What I was implicitly asking MrSinatra was where do you draw the line?
He stated that speech should be free, and that we should simply ignore
what we don't want to read. That's a perfectly fine opinion (and one I
have a lot of sympathy with), but that would imply that we should stop
deleting spam and just let the visitors ignore it. Personally, I think
that would make the forum less useful, and so the spam should be
deleted. Likewise, I think there are some posts/threads which also make
the forum less useful. No difference.

--
radish