You would have thought so but my original collection rip (using a mix of
iTunes, Windows MP, and EAC/Lame contained a lot of files with errors
(ie that wouldn't play properly either on my iPod or by SlimServer).  I
always put that down to doing other tasks at the same time.

This time i've ripped everything via iTunes on Mac and been a bit more
careful about doing other stuff and haven't had any problems yet.
Could have been many things last time - they were less powerful pcs, on
my old Athlon system i had two drives hooked up to it and sometimes used
both at once, and was ripping super high quality variable - could have
been any one of those factors.

--
b33k34