Just make sure that error checking is on with whaterver software you use
and you should be fine.

I didn't know about error checking in WMP before I started ripping my
2000+ CD collection.  Fortunately I found the error of my ways 300 in.
Without error checking in WMP I'd get the odd blast of static when the
drive encountered a problem with a disk.  They were pretty infrequent
so infrequent that I didn't hear one for quite a few days of spot
checking via my Zune.

With error checking on it went away completely.  Discs in real bad
shape still might cause skipping or drop outs but there isn't much you
can do besides buy a new copy.

Jeff

--
Jeff Flowerday