Jeff Flowerday;277520 Wrote:
> I don't remember asking your opinion.  FLAC doesn't work on my Zune,
> doesn't work worth a crap in MCE.  Why should I use it again?  Oh yah,
> because Peter said so.  Rollseyes
>
> DRM isn't on by default in WMP so why these people turn it on is
> besides me.  I tried EAC but it was too much work to get the rip done
> with album art.  I have 3000 CDs to do and don't have the time.

For the benefit of others who might read this, EAC plus FLAC is an
excellent way to get prefect rips that you know you don't have to do
again.  WMP is less reliable a ripper, but is fine for 95% of discs.
EAC is good at dealing with scratches, and reports when it has an
accurate rip - although it is slower.

Oh and check out Album Art Aggregator = a great little piece of
software.  WMP and iTunes are fine for most album art, but if you
collection is more eclectic, AAA is very quick.

--
adamslim

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have
others

SB+, EAR V20, Living Voice OBX-R2s plus some other stuff
SB3, Charlize, Harbeth HL-P3ES