Yap, you're right. What confused me is that his error message poins that
he's trying to connect from somewhere other than 127.0.0.1
(192.168.0.100). If he is coming from the same box where the SC is
running, then there might be that his PC gets a static address from the
router and passes that to SC.

Anyhow, good idea would be to reinstall 6.5.4, remove any kind of
blocking there and then go to SC7. Then, if it works, do what I
suggested and set it up again.