I was wondering if Logitech Support has helped anyone resolve a problem,
without having to do a clean install of the software (slimerserver or
squeezecenter).

I contacted them earlier this year with an issue, and they had only one
answer: deletes all traces of the software and do a clean install. As
this would mean losing all the various settings I have done to the
server, and plugins, I really didn't want to do it. So I ignored them,
and managed to find an answer elsewhere. Once someone told me what to
look for in the log files, I tracked down a troublesome file in a music
folder, deleted it, and everything worked fine again.

I got the feeling that Logitech Support either didn't know how to
really troubleshoot a problem (on a Mac anyway), or that they do - but
telling people to wipe everything and start again is easier. I fear the
latter is true, as this time the 'first tier' of support told me to do
just that, without any attempt to track down the problem. I have now
been promoted to the 2nd tier, and low and behold they are saying the
exact same thing - before they have even attempted to find out what the
problem really is.

This kind of 'Support' might be normal in a Windows environment, but as
a Mac user (and very long term slim devices customer) I find it shoddy
and lazy.

Has anyone managed to get real support from them? If so, could you let
me have the name of the support staff who helped you? I am beginning to
wonder if anyone there really understands the nuts and bolts of the
software.

Sorry if I sound riled - but I am. I do not consider this to be
'support' at all.

--
snoogly