JimC;291850 Wrote:

> I'm not sure what prompted the useBandAsAlbumArtist variable to be
> added, or how it was intended to be used, but the whole issue of
> normalizing tags is currently being reviewed (there's a LOT to it) and
> how we will provide additional "mapping" flexibility has yet to be
> determined.  What I do know is that we have to find a way that doesn't
> add too much complexity, or break the exisiting tag usage, to provide
> that functionality.
>
> In addition, we're looking at how "various artists" are consolidated,
> and how the Compilation tag is/is not used in that process.
>

> -=> JimThis is good news! I'd love to see this deliver a solution to the
problem I posted here (and in the prior closed thread): if I have an
album with multiple track artists and a single album artist who doesn't
appear on any other album, no amount of option or tag tweaking will get
that album artist into the artist list *without* getting the track
artists in there as well (I call this the Lee Perry or Larry Levan
problem :)).

--
smc2911

http://www.last.fm/user/smc2911/