>> if I have an
>> album with multiple track artists and a single album artist who doesn't
>> appear on any other album, no amount of option or tag tweaking will get
>> that album artist into the artist list *without* getting the track
>> artists in there as well (I call this the Lee Perry or Larry Levan
>> problem :)).

> Hmmm, interesting - it works for me.

Yep, works for me too.

The one thing I'm conflicted over is that if I do have another "real"
album by an artist that is a track artist of a single song on an album
I'm using an album artist on, that album shows up with the track
artist's other albums as an album of one song.

Sometimes I think I don't want it to appear at all, but mostly I'd
rather it appear as the complete album.  I really don't like how SC
sometimes will represent a subset of an album as if it were an album.

greg