denmennis;292899 Wrote:
> I have been trying to think of alternatives to wireless networking since
> mine has caused me so much trouble.  I never considered Homeplug and
> MoCA is yet unavailable, but in looking into Homeplug, it appears that
> it can be used to transmit over coax rather than home wiring. Does
> anyone have this setup or any familiarity with it? I would think that
> this is more stable and reliable than wireless....if it works. And
> where do you get the hardware? Info on the net seems a little sparse,
> but I may not be looking inthe right places.
>
> dj
There's tons of info on the net. Just google for "homeplug" or
"homeplug ethernet" and you'll find lots of sites, both for sales and
for the technology itself (as easy as www.homeplug.org). Most major
suppliers of computer peripherals carry them and several major network
hardware manufacturers make them (Netgear, Cisco-Linksys, Belkin,
etc.). I've never heard of running them over coax, and I don't see why
you would want to. The electrical/mains outlet is there, and the
adapter is made with an electrical plug.

--
aubuti