I think that Homeplug got into coax when MoCA became a competive threat.
There are not many adapters that I could find but Itellon, Zyxel and one
obscure manufacturer (product no longer available) made or makes hybrid
powerline/coax adpters that can be used either over your wiring or your
coax cable.  The advantage of using home wiring is that it is more
ubiquitous with few if any dead zones.  The advantage of coax is the
speed which can theoretically reach 135Mbps...in reality the speed is
more in the range of 90-100Mbps. It is also virtually free of static
and interference as opposed to home wiring.

The big question is why is the technology not being used? To me the
idea sounds almost too good to be true but no harm in hoping.
Meanwhile, I wait for my d-link wireless router to be delivered.

dj

--
denmennis