penguin;293621 Wrote:

> Can the build team confirm that the upgrade procedure of this version
> (r2269) was succcessfully tested? Whether yes or not, I strongly
> suggest that no build is ever put online without a MORE complete test
> of recovery from the (next) upgrade! Note that there is a very mixed
> and growing set of revisions out there, and one should test upgrade
> from all of those that implement a different upgrade procedure
> (including recovery, if there is such?).

I can't help it commenting on this one :)

Remember the 7.0.1 series is still in beta. That among other things
means that things may break without warning. If one is not prepared for
that, stay with the stable releases. Similar things have happened late
in the development cycle of Ubuntu Linux causing loud discussions
amongst users and developers, many of whom ended up with broken systems
that they were relying on for more serious things than listening to
music. When the storm settles the hard conclusion is always basically
beta-release=expect breakage.

Of course some minimum testing should be done, but I beleive that is
also being done, otherwise things like this would happen much more
frequently. I know it's a pita, but it is not wrong.

On a more construcutive note. There are ways described in this forum on
how to have several versions of SqueezeCenter installed at the same
time. That's what I'm doing. So if/when things break spectacularly, or
I get fed up with tinkering, I just fire up the stable release and all
is well.

--
bhaagensen