slimkid;299346 Wrote:
> Yap, that was a big surprise for me too. There are threee discrete
> states here, COMP=0, COMP=1 and no COMP at all. Now, cross it with
> other possibilities (single artist, multiple artists, single disc,
> multiple discs, band, no band ....) you get the idea. Not all scenarios
> are handled, some behavior is simply result of 'slip through' in the
> program logic.
>
> I use ALBUMARTIST only if I want an album to be listed by it, otherwise
> ARTIST should do. Mostly it is because sometimes I care about the
> performer and want to see it in the artist list, sometimes not. For
> example, if the composer is Chopin, he goes into ARTIST, if the
> performer is Pogorelich, he becomes ALBUMARTIST; if the performer is
> Ashkenazy, he goes into BAND or COMMENT and ALBUMARTIST remains non
> existent. Tracks get COMPILATION=0. That way Albums in album view are
> listed by Pogorelich (where he plays) or Chopin (where Ashkenazy
> plays). Both Pogorelich and Chopin show in Artist view and underneath
> that are all their participating albums. Generally, for tagging
> clasiccal music, composer always gets ARTIST tag, and depending if I'm
> interested in performer or not, they can get ALBUMARTIST, BAND or
> COMMENT.
>
> In more interesting example, Ray Charles plays with bunch of his
> friends. For some of them I care, for some not. So every friend is
> ARTIST on his own track, Ray Charles is ALBUMARTIST and the friends I
> care about get COMPILATION=0, others don't have that tag at all.

can you please explain this a bit more to me...

i have another thread where i say the VA logic is useless.  i go on to
say that a user should say a comp is a comp explicitly, either by comp
tag or having terms SC7 would know are for comps.

so i think we both understand that "Compilation=1" is the user telling
SC7 that it must consider the album to be a compilation.

why then, would "Compilation=0" and having no comp tag at all, not be
considered the same thing?

(would they be considered the same thing if the VA logic didn't
exist?)

how exactly does SC7 treat these two discrete states differently?

i'm just confused by this.

--
MrSinatra

www.LION-Radio.org
Using:
Squeezebox2 (primary) / SBR (secondary) / SBC - w/SC 7.0.1beta - Win XP
Pro SP2 - 3.2ghz / 2gig ram - D-Link DIR-655