I was on the beta program and got my Duet a few months before official
release. Both Controller firmware, Receiver Firmware and Squeezecenter
were very much beta. I had it working in under 10 minutes and i have
barely had a problem since. In a way i wish i had problems that could
have been identified and fixed so the many people who are having issues
could have been helped. But, it's basically down to my network. I have a
very good and stable router, there are no other wireless networks near
and i don't have (or need) any wireless encryption as i live in the
sticks. Most problems are down to peoples less than perfect wireless
network. But its the Squeezebox they see the problem with, so its its
the Squeezebox thats at fault. Thats not to say the software is
perfect, far from it and i think 7.0 has been a step backwards in many
respects, but all those cheap free routers the ISP's hand out to new
customers must surely have something to answer for.

--
autopilot

*SlimServer:* 7.0.1 (Windows XP)
*Players:* Squeezebox 3 (main room) / Squeezebox Receiver (bedroom) /
Softsqueeze (home office).
*Amps:* Cambridge Audio 640a (main room) / Denon MD30 (bedroom) /
Logitech 5.1.
*Speakers:* Mission 701's (living room) / Kef Cresta 1's (bedroom) /
Logitech 5.1's.
*Remotes:* Harmony 525 (IR) / 1 Beta SB Controller / 1 Official Sb
Controller.

'LAST.FM' (http://www.last.fm/user/domrevans/)