I have had Squeezeboxes since the original "sweat shop" Slimp3. Although
I am a techie, there is nothing worse than something 'half-working',
i.e. sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Over the years I have
had various versions of Slim/Squeezeserver on my server, not all have
been stable. But when I find a version which is stable, I stick too it
for up to a year. And when I update, I delete the old version first, to
make sure there are no problems.

Maybe Logitech should put users in 3 categories.

1: Novice user: Last (really) STABLE release
2: Experienced user: Normal releases
3: Nerd class: Nightly builds

Then only ship the novice version to customers. If they feel
comfortable they can still copy a plugin or 2 into the plugins
directory. If the system goes haywire they can still delete the
plugins.

What about "Squeeze certified plugins" that have been tested by a
couple of people running vanilla setups? I once installed an equalizer
plugin to get more bass, but some songs ended up sounding like
chipmunks singingÂ… But there are some great plugins out there.

I have a good dozen devices running seamlessly. The only real problems
I have had have been my own fault like faulty access points*, but
rarely a problem with the software or hardware.

The bottom line is: If your computer does not have any problems and
your access points work (and you have reception).. the devices do -just
work-

That is my 2 helvetic cents/rappen

*Why is it so hard to build an access point that will run for months on
end? My advice, build your own: www.pcengines.ch with m0n0wall running
on it

--
Sike