Have an SB3 (1.5 yrs) with controller (1.5 months).

Mandatory fiddling: probably 150:1
Includes installing original SS and doing periodic updates along the
way to now be at SC 7.1.  Also includes time setting up a dedicated
server somewhere along the way.

Discretionary or optional fiddling: maybe 60:1
Includes messing with plugins, trying out stuff on a virtual machine
that is configured the same as real server, etc....

I don't have the duet package, but I do have the controller.  That
component integrated into my existing software/hardware setup
seamlessly and I had it up and running in less than three minutes.

--
jsprag