Seems like I've had my stuff forever - probably because I don't want to
remember when I didn't have them.  I think I bought my first SB3 about
3 years ago, unless they weren't out then, in which case it was 2 or 2
1/2 years ago.  Bought a second one about 6 months later.

I'm not an IT or technical or engineering type at all. Far from it.
Other than a few rare small issues (incl. one a few weeks ago caused by
a Microsoft overnight update that was pushed out), all of which were
quickly solved, it has been plug and play for me. The "system" works
day after day, it has been really a joy. I just add music, and an
add-on here and there. It may take me 10 minutes instead of the five it
should take if I knew what I was doing, but generally no problems. My
kids come home to visit and play their own music by running the server
program on their laptops.

Howard, I have been following your ongoing problems, and I understand
you have a more complicated setup than I have. You may want to try
something else, you've proven (at least to me) that it wasn't meant to
be for you. I wish you good luck.

--
Goodsounds