Quoting filzer ([EMAIL PROTECTED]):

> yesterday i installed firmware 2 on my ipod touch, and next thing was to
> install "remote", an application from apple to remote control my itunes.
>

> and today i will put my squeezebox on ebay. i am really sorry to say
> that, because i love my squeezebox and i liked very much what i could
> do with it. but, apple once again did everything right (a little late,
> maybe). I have an ipod and airport express anyway, but now i can use my
> ipod touch to remote control itunes on my old serving iMac g3, fast,
> easy, no setup hassle, no server whatever IP and so on. It just works,
> like listening music on the ipod itself. incredible.

I have an iPhone 3G too (replacing my year-old original).  I haven't
even considered installing the 'Remote' app.  The only thing I would
ever use iTunes for is syncing the iPhone, and even that is
problematic because of the lack of FLAC support.  itunes is a
bloated piece of garbage.  I use and love Apple and Apple products,
but man what a misfire iTunes is.

Have fun though!

--
http://www.last.fm/user/ddewey