I tried the new "Remote" application on my iPod Touch to control my
music on my AppleTV.  Very cool.  At first I didn't get it.  I said,
hey, my AppleTV already has a remote and I can scroll through the songs
on my television.  But the "Remote" application on the Touch does add a
new dimension of ease of control.

I also have squeezeboxes too and I agree that both devices have their
own advantages and I will keep them all.

By the way, the new 2.0 operating system for  iphone and ipod touch
adds applications for free streaming internet radio  as well, such as
Pandora, over 200 channels of AOL music, and access to all of
Shoutcast.

Just put your iphone or touch into a dock connected to your stereo (I
use a yamaha receiver that offers this option) or get one of the
logitech stereo  systems with ipod docking and you have streaming
internet music akin to  the squeezebox.

Why are we mentioning all this?  So that Slim Devices keeps up the good
work, feels the heat of its competition to continue to add features,
continues to be creative about future partnerships with other
companies, etc.

Its all good and ultimately benefits everyone - the companies that
continue to evolve and the consumers that enjoy the entertainment.

We've come a long way since top 40 AM radio and vinyl records.  Keep it
moving forward !!!

--
mortslim