I'm glad Apple have done this, this a great option for existing Touch
owners and its good to see more competition in the market. And it will
suit some people more than the Squeezebox system. But it's not a
replacement, it will appeal to a different niche in the market. The
Squeezebox is a much more open, flexible and feature rich platform.
They are like chalk and cheese. I cant ever see Apple allowing, let
alone developing, partnerships and functionality like the brilliant
Last.FM, Pandora, Rhapsody (and hopefully soon Napster). I always keep
an open mind and if something better came along that suited me better i
would sell up and say so long, and thanks for all the fish. Before you
slam the door and stick two finger up to logitech/slim devices, just
remember you have a lot to thank them for. I have no doubt many of the
features/functionality Apple will now offer owes a lot to Slim Devices,
who had let the way in this market (along with Sonos to be fair). And i
know that works both ways before you say it. But its not for me and one
thing that would really annoy me is to conflict between the portable and
the home remote - "mom, where is the music remote?", "Oh, your dad had
it at work...".

--
autopilot

*Server:* SC7.1b (Windows Vista 64)
*Players:* Squeezebox 3 (main room) / Squeezebox Receiver (bedroom) /
Softsqueeze (office).
*Amps:* Cambridge Audio 640a (main room) / Trends TA10.1 Class-T /
Logitech 5.1.
*Speakers:* Mission 701's (living room) / Kef Cresta 1's (bedroom) /
Logitech 5.1's.
*Remotes:* Harmony One (IR) / 1 Beta SB Controller / 1 Official SB
Controller.

'LAST.FM' (http://www.last.fm/user/domrevans/)