m1abrams;327104 Wrote:

> Problem with running any machine completely fanless is other parts of
> the system expect to have some airflow.
Yep. That's exactly the issue. Lot's of holes and a bit of convection
help here.
I've got A Via C7 1.5GHz in a small case that does the trick, haven't
seen any intel machines that would do the trick. Another alternative is
Heat Pipes but then you have to make sure all elements is the system are
connected to these.
Forget about high power machines for this.

Funny enough I have NO problem at all with the HD. It's in a fully
closed external SATA case and you do NOT hear it spin. You hear it when
it reads or writes data.

In idle mode the most noisy part of the system is actually the power
supply (no fan, the transistors and inductors).

"put it in a different room from your SB" is not an option, I've got an
SBx in every room except for the bathroom and that one is too wet for a
server.

--
pippin

---