I run  a C7 based server as well. It -could- be very quiet, but I didn't
bother as it's in the basement - and I like the idea of server HDs
getting airflow.
It -is- low power as it's on 24/7 (also the family web, ftp, and email
server).

That said, I'd be -delighted- if SC became larger - if that size
increase translated to a faster web interface.
For instance, a size-for-speed trade-off could come from storing all
"expected" web interface queries. e.g. pre-build the response to say
-home/artists/a-.
Memory is so cheap these days that, if I can trade it for speed, that's
a good deal.

--
bobkoure