Hi all,

I've been using OpenOffice.org since slightly after its 1.0 release (so, I think that would be around the end of 2002) both as a student and as a writer. I have, to echo the general consensus, enjoyed the product thoroughly. OOo 2.0 solidifies that totally for me; the beta shows a very well-rounded product that will be more intuitive for newer users (IMO, anyway).
To get to the point, I'm wondering if I can make quite a large suggestion for the future of OOo (2.5, 3.0 onward) for the incorporation of another office suite-style application. My top three open-source programs (as far as usage goes) are Firefox, OOo and KeyNote-- all of which I use constantly on a daily basis. My problem stems from the fact that whilst Firefox and OOo are all on Linux (which I'm planning on switching full-time on to), KeyNote is only on Windows. [BTW, I'm talking about the open-source program called KeyNote at http://www.tranglos.com/free/keynote.html, not the Apple presentation software].
Basically, the software is a three-paned, tabbed, tree-based notepad for taking lots of notes that need to be organized in a very structural way; something which word processors just can't do. For research (both as a writer and as a student), I find it second-to-none.

I don't believe software like this (maybe OneNote comes slightly close) has been incorporated into Office software yet, and I think this is OOo's chance to add a another program into the stable of what an office suite is. And, from what very little I know about software development, I believe most of the capabilities are already within OOo; they are just not structured in this way.

Well, sorry for posting a long one and keep up the good work.
- Simon.