On Wed, 2005-03-30 at 22:35, Rod Engelsman wrote:
> Daniel Carrera wrote:
> > Tony Pursell wrote:
> >

> >>I thought more was going to be done to avoid it and I am amazed that
> >>we still have a setup dialog that virtually invites people to do what they
> >>don't really want to do
> >

> > But why didn't you say this before the UI freeze?
> >
> > I saw the OOo snapshot before the UI freeze and I thought the problem had
> > been
> > fixed. The time to test the UI and request changes is before the freeze.
> > Jut a few
> > weeks before the final release.
> >
> > Cheers,
>
> That is *really* disingenuous, Daniel.

I think he is just being realistic about the way th edevelopers will see
it. The change is a good suggestion but it will probably have to wait
until 2.1 assuming other people think it is a good suggestion too.

> This problem has been discussed
> for *over three years*. UI freeze, my ass! That was before the UI freeze
> for 1.1 for God's sake!!
>
> Ignore a problem for three years and then claim you can't do anything
> about it because of a UI freeze is just lame.

I don't think Daniel has any power to do anything. Don't shoot the
messenger! Is this filed under an issue? If so which one and has it many
votes? If not file the issue.

--
Ian Lynch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
ZMS Ltd