On Thu, May 12, 2005 23:51:09 PM +0200, Mathias Bauer
([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
> M. Fioretti wrote:
>
> > There is another side of the issue, at least for templates and
> > clip-art. This kind of stuff should be installed in such a way to be
> > automatically visible to all word processors.
[...]
> > This can (and should) be handled only at the distro level, hence the
> > need to make easy the creation of native packages
[...]
> This is a good idea, but IMHO it needs support of the OS for common
> directories for templates and clip-arts. Unfortunately it is very
> unprobable that we will see ... the Linux distributors to create a
> common platform. :-)

I already thought that in this thread you and others have talked and
worried too much on the fragmentation of Linux platforms. Nobody asked
SUN to solve that.

There is no need at all that that happens, as far as this discussion
is concerned. I was talking of distro-level integration: only one
directory for templates, so all (accordingly packaged) word processors
can find them. If the actual path is different on Fedora, Debian,
Slackware etc... the user wouldn't notice nor care.

Ciao,
        Marco

--
Marco Fioretti                    mfioretti, at the server mclink.it
Fedora Core 3 for low memory      http://www.rule-project.org/

People often find it easier to be a result of the past than a cause of
the future.