On Fri, May 13, 2005 02:00:01 AM -0400, Daniel Carrera
([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:

> >He is probably only confusing, as I noted in my reply,
> >standardization across different distros with the one inside one
> >distro. Which is the only one relevant in this context.
>
> I doubt it. I think that Mathias is knows what he's talking about,
> and he's referring to a third party (e.g. me) writing an RPM for an
> OOo add-on.

I too was referring to a third party like you writing add-ons. And
specified several times that what matters is not that _you_ make an
RPM, but that you are told what material and info must provide so
_others_ can easily/automatically make .rpm, .deb or any other kind of
Linux packages. Without you ever needing to know about the FSH, how
many distros exist, how they differ, or anything else Linux. That why
I saw some confusion.

Of course, if you then go on and make .rpm and .deb etc of your
add-ons for every Linux distro, thanks in advance!

Ciao,
        Marco

--
Marco Fioretti                    mfioretti, at the server mclink.it
Fedora Core 3 for low memory      http://www.rule-project.org/

In a hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account
was, the type of house I lived in, or the kinds of clothes I wore, but
the world may be much different because I was important in the life of
a child                                         Author unknown