2005/11/9, Andrew Brown <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
<snip>
> I think it's obvious to anyone
> that such ideas as "with enough eyeballs, all bugs are shallow" is
> something between wildly misleading and utter crap. It certainly doesn't
> apply to OOo. Assume, for the sake of argument, that OOo's Marketing
> project own figure of 50m users is accurate. Of these 50m, at most 500
> can have contributed to the program -- that's the figure of people who
> signed the JCA.
<snip>

To me this sounds like:
Just a few volunteers have contributed to OOo.
That is not many eyeballs.
Therefore "with enough eyeballs, all bugs are shallow" is not valid for OOo.
Therefore "with enough eyeballs, all bugs are shallow" is something
between wildly misleading and utter crap.

I do not agree with this kind of reasoning.
/$

(I did not like the subject of the current thread discussing this, so
I reused this old one)

Where everyone thinks in the same way, not many thoughts occurs.
(approximate Swedish saying)