Hi all,

I think we need two kinds of revision control features for OpenOffice:
(Similar as Nicolas said.)

1. A VCS backend program like subclipse (http://subclipse.tigris.org/)
2. An one-package revision-aware ODF file creating feature
 (In other words, diff-able version of the current version control feature)

First I thought that feature only we need is the first one because I'm
a user of subversion (not only for program source code files but for
all of my home directory data), however,  I realized that the users of
OpenOffice are not limited to programmers.  Most user cannot use any
VCS systems because they require users to be aware of some special
notions such as "commit."

Another important stuff is that an office document should be an
all-in-one package.  All we need to distribute information is a
document; we can attach it to email without any additional information
(e.g. "the old versions of the document are located on
svn+ssh://....").
 If we limit the revision control feature to the server-based one, we
lose such a useful feature of office documents.  That's reason why we
need the second feature.

Any comment is welcomed :-)

Stefan and all, FYI: http://svk.bestpractical.com/
SVK is a front-end program for subversion which provides local mirror
of any svn repositories.  You can commit or query log without network
connectivity using SVK local repository mirrors.  I think it is very
useful for the users who can use such a not-user-friendly tool :-)
(In fact, I've never use I'm afraid of loss of data...)