On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 22:55:28 -0600
Dmitry Feofanov wrote:

> Folks, I understand you are working on 2.4.  Great program, with one
> glaring flaw, IMHO:  envelope printing feature.  Several of my friends
> (myself including) were unable to get the envelope printing to
> work--consequently, we went back to evil Word.  But we could print our
> envelopes there!
>
> Just copy the damn thing, do not reinvent the proverbial wheel!

Consider this - OpenOffice.org is not trying to be a copy of Microsoft
Office. That would always place it as an also-ran feature wise. Many of
the features of OpenOffice.org are actually better than Microsoft
Offices Features. It is a different beast - vive la difference!

http://openoffice.blogs.com/openoffice/2005/12/printing_envelo.html
http://searchenterpriselinux.techtarget.com/tip/0,289483,sid39_gci1146815,00.html
or shrunk as
http://tinyurl.com/2ob8da
[quote]
Envelope printing is the tax return of office suite tasks. Everyone has
to do it, and everyone hates it.
[/quote]

http://documentation.openoffice.org/HOW_TO/word_processing/Howto-printing-envelopes-diagnostics.html
or shrunk as
http://tinyurl.com/yodvqq
[quote]
Many people have difficulty printing envelopes from OpenOffice.org. This
document is an attempt to make the process easier to determine envelope
orientation and printer setup. For those who expect that setting up
OpenOffice.org alone is sufficent will find that the process is actually
two stages which can be confusing. This difference is covered by Issue
Number 55499 and you are encouraged to vote for its resolution.
[/quote]

--
Michael

All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall
be well

 - Julian of Norwich 1342 - 1416