Hi Peter;

I am afraid I have to agree with Dimitry.

On Fri, 2007-11-16 at 16:53 +0000, Peter Hillier-Brook wrote:
> Dmitry Feofanov wrote:
> > Folks, I understand you are working on 2.4.  Great program, with one glaring
> > flaw, IMHO:  envelope printing feature.  Several of my friends (myself
> > including) were unable to get the envelope printing to work--consequently,
> > we
> > went back to evil Word.  But we could print our envelopes there!
>
> There are several elements that could be improved in OpenOffice.org, but
> envelope printing is not top of the list. It's child's play to create one or
> more envelope templates and to subsequently use them to create envelopes.
>
> I'm frequently amazed by the number of people who, generally from a position
> of
> ignorance, criticise the product rather than their own limitations. A basic
> rule
> of thumb in computing is to ask the question, "what am I doing wrong" when
> something is not immediately clear, rather than to state that the product is
> faulty.
>
> Now, having got that out of the way, what is your precise problem? I'm
> positive
> that I, and many others using this list, could solve it for you and we are
> all
> willing to help.

I have not had problems myself printing envelops.  But ... I have
belonged to the OOo users mailing list for about 2 years now.  One of
the most common questions is how to print an envelop.  If one person
asks how to do something ... you might call them stupid.  But if many
people ask, maybe something is wrong with the application, the
explanation or the help dialogues (wizards) etc.
--
Regards Bill