Peter Hillier-Brook wrote:
Robert Derman wrote:
[cut]

At it's most simplest, open Writer, select Insert > Envelope. On the Format tab, select the size envelope you want to use, and on the Envelope tab, enter in your sender/addressee details, and click on New Doc. Print
as required.

Granted, it may be nice it OO.o came with envelope templates you can select
from the Template wizard, but then I've created half a dozen templates
using the above process, and saved them in my Templates folder, for quick
access.  Took about 15 minutes.

Exactly my point! Excoriating the product when unable to cope with such a simple task as this, and then threatening to throw ones toys out of the pram and pay several hundred beer tokens for an inferior product doesn't strike me as the height of intellectual attainment :-)

I think a bigger problem than OOo Writer as far as envelopes is concerned, is the poor designs of most printers as far as envelope handling is concerned.
Most of today's consumer model printers are designed more for printing
photographs than for light office duty, and so don't handle envelopes well, if at all. If a printer were really designed for envelope printing, it would
have a separate paper bin just for holding envelopes, and a paper path
designed not to jam with envelopes.

Hardly an OOo problem, but again the solution is obvious: print address labels and stick them on your envelopes. As the little dog said to his human companion as he trotted around the large boulder blocking their path, "what problem?" With acknowledgements to "BC".

Peter HB