Hi Cor;

I checked some things ...
On Fri, 2007-11-16 at 09:09 +0100, Cor Nouws wrote:
> Hi Dmitry,
>
> Dmitry Feofanov wrote (14-11-2007 5:55)
> > Folks, I understand you are working on 2.4.  Great program, with one
> > glaring flaw, IMHO:  envelope printing feature.  [...]
>
> Never had any problem with envelop printing. (Apart from my printer
> having trouble getting the thing through ;-) )
> Maybe because I just set up the page size and a frame for position of
> the data?

In the last year, there has been about sixty requests for help regarding
Envelopes on the Users mailing list and the Discuss mailing list.  Add
to that 184 questions on the OOo forum for the same time period and I
don't know how many on the IRC and general google searches.  I think
this adds up to an indication of a general problem re: Envelopes.

As well, I checked out my WordXP to see if Dmitry Feofanov's comments
had any validity.  In my opinion, once OOo envelope printing is
understood, OOo has the better interface.

But there obviously is some frustration; something non-intuitive to some
new users.

I could suggest some changes that would clarify but they would just be
one more unsupported opinion.  I would suggest, for those who have taken
on the responsibility for the Envelope printing wizard/dialogue that
they survey the existing complaints and perhaps survey those people who
have had problems and find out exactly where the problems lay --
technical or comprehension.

I might add that I would think OOo's objective should not be to copy
Microsoft Word but to be better than any other Office Suite that now
exists.  That is, if there is a problem, lets fix it; not compare it.

--
Regards Bill