Hi Michael,

Michael Meeks schrieb:

Anyway - it would need time to discuss some rules who should be
eligible. An we surely should discuss this.

        Do you have a personal time-line, or estimate of when you would want
that to yield a result ? 1 month ? 6 months ? 1 year ? 3 years ? ;-)
No .. my current time line deals with another issue: when will I leave the council? This time line is set to "in about a month" for about a year now (as this is the time frame where we constantly delay elections).

        Well, IMHO the fact that the elections have not happened for years at a
time in the past, and that the structure is agreed by virtually everyone
(that speaks up) to be sub-optimal, surely suggests that now is a great
time to re-invigorate the council structures before the next election.
What greater legacy can the out-going members give, than a more open,
interesting and accountable structure for OpenOffice ?
Oh .. I gave up to try to change the councils structure from within the council around OOoCon07. You know .. it needs a consensus vote of all council members to get something changed. So - as long as at least one council members is there, claiming we do not need to change anything .. the council is not going to change anything.

So before we do not have a strong interest from the community to change the councils charter, we will not see any change.

André