Hi,

I think Guy got some good replies on the forwarded message from
Jean-Baptiste.

It seems (at least) one point mentioned in my earlier messages was not clear enough.
http://www.openoffice.org/servlets/ReadMsg?list=discuss&msgNo=65559

> * splash screen / about box
[...]
> To accommodate that initially these elements will carry only the
> OpenOffice.org logo, the modified text and the sponsor logo on white
> background. For a new splash we count on an effort run by the OOo
> project.

An earlier "contest/concourse" is described in our Wiki.
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/w/index.php?title=Art/Gallery/OOo3_Splash_Screen&direction=next&oldid=89477

It would be great if the marketing project could pick this up, drive the effort and come to a result even appreciable for our users and contributors.

Greetings
Stefan

Guy Voets wrote:
[snipped]
There's a discussion going on on the French discuss site about the
relation between the OOo Community and the 'new owner', Oracle. The
discussion arose about the preparation of OOo 3.2.1, the first release
'under Oracle'.
I thought it might be useful to open this up to the English speakers.

[...]

Jean-Baptiste Faure says in a mail from April 10:
[...]
"Those testing the development version OOO320m14 that prefigures the
next version 3.2.1 have seen changes to the splash screen and the
Starting center."

Jean-Baptiste Faure says in a mail from April 12:
"To synthesize, my questioning is on two levels:
"- the place of the Community: QA procedures were not respected and
there is a lack of communication between Hamburg and the Community
(e.g. unilateral replacement of the start dialogue that the Community
chose after a contest/concourse). This shows that the Community may
have become not more than a pretext, a kind of 'FLOSS washing' like we
say 'green washing'.
[...]