Hi Jonathon,

Am 18.10.2010 12:09, schrieb jonathon:
On 10/16/2010 03:15 AM, James wrote:

Historically, Sun has rejected the overwhelming majority of contributions from
others.
Why would Sun do that?

Sun suffers from an excessive case of NIH syndrome.

Not sure why you are misinformed but maybe you should check your facts
before you state the obvious wrong

http://tinyurl.com/28vzs7r

Beware, this is a long load as it is a query for all fixed patch issues
submitted to OpenOffice.org. You will find there 4430 patches integrated
into OpenOffice.org, nearly all of them integrated by Sun/Oracle people.
This list does not include features contributed using childworkspaces.

http://tinyurl.com/2bcm73w

Now this is the list of patches that are marked as "Invalid" or
"Wontfix" for different reasons. Many of them where just incomplete
patches that needed more work. Also often patches are submitted
but the feature/issue was already implemented by others. You can
check each one of them to see which of the 273 issues on this list
war rejected because Sun was evil.

So we have at least 4430 patches included and a maximum of 273 of
patches rejected. Even if all of the 273 where rejected without
reason (which they are not, just read the issues) I suspect
your point is invalid.

So when you say Sun has rejected the overwhelming majority, which
majority you mean? Can you show facts or is this just your personal
fiction?

Regards,
Christian