On 10/19/2010 02:41 AM, NoOp wrote:

OK, the to&  fro regarding my question was somewhat interesting... I
still have no idea which stance is correct. However I do have an
additional question for the Sun/Oracle folks that maintain that
Novell/go-oo wouldn't/couldn't/didn't share gstreamer code with them:
what prevented Sun from developing their own code/patches using
gstreamer to begin with?

Nothing, and in fact it was done, as Christian mentioned. To cut a long story short and by avoiding to repeat the fruitless discussion in this thread: unfortunately it was finished a few days too late to get integrated into 3.3 as a new feature.

Regards,
Mathias

OpenOffice.org Engineering at Oracle: http://blogs.sun.com/GullFOSS
Please don't reply to "nospamfor...@gmx.de".