Alright, so here's another option. We go the way of the Quakers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consensus_decision-making#Quaker-Based_model

In addition to addressing the issue of blocking proposals indefinitely, it
mitigates my dislike of the moderator acting as though they're running a
meeting. The moderator should serve the membership, not run the show. It also
lets us abandon the concept of the talking stick and the perception that we
need to make rebuttals to each other all the time.