From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Teddy Payne
Sent: Friday, January 19, 2007 10:52 AM
To: discussion@acfug.org
Subject: Re: [ACFUG Discuss] MySpace growth

I have to applaud New Atlanta for adopting hardware and VM editions quickly.
The benefits from adopting architecture with native support are extremely
visible in terms of data channel bandwidth.

I can only wish that one day that the two product will merge and support one
another so that developers don't have to choose between long time loyalty to
the original code base versus the immediate performance gain of 64-bit and
next generation JVMs.

Developers choose Adobe for a specific feature sets and BlueDragon for
increased performance and yet other New Atlanta specific features.

I will be evaluating both products over the coming months.  I cannot say
that choosing one over the other is up to me.  My clients will determine
that most of the time.

The offerings by both companies are equally compelling.  I wish Adobe
success this summer with CF 8.0 and New Atlanta with BD 7.0.

The saving grace with multiple large platforms with support is the
solidification of the need for CF developers.  The learning curve to switch
in between these platforms is based upon specific nuance.

Teddy