Promise I am not trying to start a flame war, just the reason behind this move
(I've probably read your posts, but don't remember them).  >From your comments
are you implying "screw Adobe because their product sucks; I hate them".  And
that you just like BD because you prefer their product (and the direction they
are going), rather than Adobe/ Macromedia?  People jump various ships all the
time, but just wanting to know your 'why'.
----

Ever since V6.0 we've had nothing but *expensive* problems with the product,
and no one listening on the (then) Macromedia side of the publisher-developer
relationship.  Like a lot of ColdFusion developers, we had come to consider
this as just par for the course, and like frogs slowly brought to the boil, we
never realized just how bad it was until we started using BlueDragon.NET, and
suddenly 95% of the problems disappeared.

For the remaining 5%, it turns out they were there because NA was emulating
MM's flawed design for certain functionality.  But NA stepped up and solved
this problem within hours.  They listened, they worked with us, they got the
job done -- and they did so with professionalism, a handshake, and a "thank you
for working with us" attitude.

Over the years I've also payed close attention to these two companies'
political climates and the people that guide their technology focus, and I'm
firmly convinced that NA is running just about everything correctly.  My only
pet peeve with NA -- and this totally stumps me to this day -- is why the hell
they aren't screaming the truth from every rooftop: that BD.NET beats the pants
off Adobe's product in reliability and performance, hands down.  I've tried to
imagine some clever evil genius hand-wringing strategy they might be playing
out, but I'm stumped.  Maybe they really are just very nice guys who don't want
to step on any toes.

Respectfully,

Adam Phillip Churvis
Certified Advanced ColdFusion MX 7 Developer
BlueDragon Alliance Founding Committee

Get advanced intensive Master-level training in
C# & ASP.NET 2.0 for ColdFusion Developers at
ProductivityEnhancement.com